Thursday, December 17, 2009

Page 9

"I'll tell you what I'll do!" the man in the shadows said firmly. "I'll give you the illuminifixation you so desire, but you'll have to step through that door on your own. I can't be involved, you see. I would hate to anger that very powerful individual standing in your way.” (The man in the shadows was talking about God, in case you hadn’t caught on.) “So this never happened. Understood? We never had this conversation."

Ben nodded.

"Say it!" hissed the man in the shadows.

"This isn't happening," Ben confirmed, a calm coming over him as he realized that it actually was. He would finally know.

"Right," said the man in the shadows. "Now I've been...burned...so to speak by those I've worked with in the past. Betrayal is such an ugly thing! And I haven't appreciated that one bit. So understand this. All I am doing here is giving you the power to make your own decision. When all is said and done I want to know that
you will take responsibility for yourself.

This is your decision. Your accomplishment. Right?"

Page 10

No comments:

Post a Comment