Thursday, December 17, 2009

Page 7

He rises from the chair, and it's gone. Just him and the man now standing face to face. Two men in a cave. "I feel like I should know! Like it should be obvious to me! But everytime I think suddenly something's in the way! Blocking me! Preventing my mind from adding two and two!

“Sir. I exist for this one thing. Just this one thing. It's all I have...all I am...and I will do it."

The man in the shadows nodded his head slowly, and then said "Then what you seek...is enlightenment...yes?"

"Yes!" Ben shouted, grabbing the lapels of the man's suit, and slamming him into the wall of the cave. He'd never been a violent man. But he felt...as if he might kill this man in the shadows right now…just crack his skull open and drink whatever was within, if it might somehow lead to an answer.

"That's exactly it!" He shouts into the man's face. "Enlightenment!!! And you can give it to me can't you! You know what's doing this to me! What's keeping me away from the knowledge
that's rightfully mine!"

The man in the shadows nods again, looking almost frightened perhaps although it’s hard to tell in all this dark, and says: "Not what's...Whom's. There is a very powerful someone, standing in the way of your epiphany...Mr. Edison. You have a very very powerful enemy, whose animosity grows toward you every day, every moment that you take a step closer to your destiny. The question you have to ask yourself now is: How far...are you willing to go...Mr. Franklin."

Page 8

No comments:

Post a Comment