Thursday, December 17, 2009

Page 6

He opens his eyes, and remains silent watching the world beneath him he will one day create. He smiles upon it. Any sacrifice he can make to create this he will make. He doesn’t care. This is all he wants.

"Good God, Mr Franklin!" Exclaims the man in the shadows, obviously impressed. "You are a truly revolutionary thinker! It sounds like a simply wondrous idea! The obvious question, though...What do you want with me…Mr. Franklin?"

There’s a long silence. Ben doesn’t know what to say. How can he?
"I'd be more than happy to make a financial investment in such a thing...if that's what you're after."

"Well..." Ben said, speaking slowly, looking up into the man's shaded face where he imagined his eyes…or...the lack of thereof…would be. The room has shifted back to the normal, and even the tense has shifted back to the past. Ben is back in his too comfortable red satin chair "The thing of it is...I have no idea how to do it. It's like there's this block in my mind, as if something...within me. No. No, not within me, but...something...is definitely preventing me from decyphering...the solution...of how. How do I do this!"

Page 7

No comments:

Post a Comment